How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury solicitors in the city

    Injury solicitors in the city

    As well as being able to take personal injury action against private organisations or companies, you might also be able to use a good injury solicitor in the city to sue for compensation if you were injured as the result of an accident that was not your fault that was caused by a public body.

    It doesn’t matter if you were injured in your local Jobcentre Plus, while visiting your local authority’s offices, while visiting a hospital’s grounds, or any other publicly owned property; if you were hurt as a result of the irresponsible or negligent behaviour of a public organisation or one of its members of staff, you could be in line for a pay-out.

    You may even be able to take action against your local authority if you were to trip on an uneven paving stone or pothole in the road. In most council areas, local authorities are directly responsible for the upkeep of highways and pavements.

    Public organisations and injury solicitors in the city

    Many public organisations take out liability insurance to make sure they’re covered if members of the public they come into contact with are injured in an accident that was not their fault and attempt to use a good injury solicitor in the city to sue for compensation. This is especially true of front line services that deal with large numbers of people. If you were to find yourself out of work and forced to sign on for unemployment benefit at your local Jobcentre Plus, only to be hit on the head by a ceiling tile falling from above while you were waiting to speak to your advisor, you might be able to take action.

    If you were visiting a friend in hospital only to slip on a spillage that had not been cleared up on the floor, you may be able to retain the services of a good injury solicitor in the city and sue for compensation. At the end of the day, if you’ve been injured by the actions of a public organisation or its staff, you may be able to launch a personal injury case and win many thousands of pounds in compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Expert advice

    Want to take action against a public body after being injured in an accident that was not your fault? If so, then you could do an awful lot worse than touching base with Accident Advice Helpline in the first instance. Call 0800 689 0500 and be put through to one of the firm’s friendly and professional claims advisors for free no obligation advice about making a personal injury claim. Have as much information about what happened to you to hand as possible.

    Date Published: 6th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.