Had a road traffic accident? You need advice about claiming from the injury solicitors in Chesterton!
Road traffic accidents are one of the most common types of accident in this country. In fact, everyday many hospital admissions to Accident and Emergency departments are due to collisions and ‘hit and runs’ on our roads. It isn’t just drivers and their passengers who are affected by road traffic accidents. There is an increasing number of pedestrians and cyclists who are also the unfortunate victims of road traffic accidents.
Keeping safe on the roads
There are a number of simple checks that you can make to ensure that your vehicle is safer on the roads.
- Visually check your tyres before each journey to ensure that they aren’t flat.
- Check that you have enough fuel for your journey.
- Adjust your mirrors before setting off to ensure that you have good visibility around the vehicle.
- Check your lights work before you set off.
Some checks should be carried out weekly such as:
- tyre pressures
- water in washer bottle
Monthly checks include:
- checking oil level
- checking tyre tread and condition of tyres
- checking coolant level
- checking wiper blades
Keeping safe whilst driving
Accidents aren’t always caused by our own fault. However, there are certain steps that we can all take whilst driving, to ensure that we consider the risks and anticipate the actions of other road users. In this way, we can keep ourselves and others safer.
- Ensure that mirrors are checked before signalling and changing road positioning, particularly at traffic lights and junctions.
- Switch on lights in poor weather or at dusk to ensure you are visible to other road users and you can spot them too.
- Ensure that you aren’t distracted by satellite navigation systems and mobile phones whilst driving.
- Use your common sense and drive according to the road and weather conditions.
- Allow enough space between your vehicle and the vehicles in front.
- Be particularly vigilant when turning left at junctions for slower road users such as cyclists and pedestrians.
Claiming for your road traffic injury
If you have been the victim of a road traffic accident that wasn’t caused by your own fault within the last 3 years, then you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Chesterton.
Their expert team of injury solicitors in Chesterton have a wealth of experience and knowledge of handling personal injury compensation claims for road traffic accidents. Call the team of friendly advisers and get your questions answered about claiming using their injury solicitors in Chesterton.
If you are eligible and decide to proceed with their injury solicitors in Chesterton, then they will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis. Try their unique 30 second online test and see if you can claim with their injury solicitors in Chesterton today!
Road Traffic Accident stats for Staffordshire
Date Published: 4th December 2013
Author: Clare P
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in Chesterton
Accident Advice Helpline: Chesterton
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|