How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Wethersfield

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Wethersfield

    Injury lawyers in Wethersfield

    Some people say that renting a home is simply throwing money you could be investing in your own bricks and mortar away; lining the pockets of a greedy landlord for little in return. One of the benefits of renting is that you’re not responsible for paying for/arranging any repairs that need to be carried out, assuming you were not responsible for damaging anything in the first place. Although this probably won’t make much of a dent in what you shell out in rent, it could probably save you a fair few quid a year in repair bills, especially if the property you live in is quite rundown.

    Unfortunately however, there are no small number of landlords who are quite tardy when it comes to having maintenance work carried out, and some who will avoid paying out for repairs at all costs. Not only will this typically be a breach of your tenancy agreement, it could also put you in danger. A problem with faulty white goods or your boiler could pose a very real risk to your health and safety.

    Although it would probably be a small comfort after suffering a nasty injury as a result of your landlord failing to carry out essential repairs to your home in a timely manner, you might like to know that you just might be able to launch a personal injury claim against him or her with the help of an injury lawyer in Wethersfield if you can prove negligence.

    Bad landlords and injury lawyers in Wethersfield

    You won’t even have to have been injured as a result of a problem with a large home appliance or electrical item to take action against a negligent landlord. You might be able to take action over something as simple as a loose piece of carpet on your rental property’s stairs that caused you to trip and fall. If you’ve been injured in your home as the result of an accident that came about as a consequence of your landlord’s failure to keep your property’s fixtures and fittings in good order, you may have a case for compensation.

    Any responsible, professional landlord should have comprehensive landlord’s liability cover in place, so claiming any money you were entitled to should not be too much of a problem.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The next steps

    If you suspect you might have a case against your landlord, whether you rent privately, from your local council or from a housing association, you should call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out if the firm might be able to offer you the services of one of its injury lawyers in Wethersfield.

    Date Published: 30th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.