Injury lawyers in Trowbridge will help with your faulty goods claim
You might want to speak with injury lawyers in Trowbridge if you have been in an accident that was not your fault in which you sustained injuries. If those injuries were severe enough to need medical attention and the accident happened in the last three years, UK law says the guilty party should financially compensate you. At Accident Advice Helpline, we handle personal injury claims all the time. It is what we specialise in.
One of the areas that claims sometimes arise from is when a defective product has caused harm to the victim. Manufacturers have a legal duty to ensure that products that are to be sold to consumers are safe but occasionally things go wrong, possible examples being:
- Faulty brakes on a new car could have dire consequences
- Any electrical goods in the home or garden that are faulty can cause serious injuries
- Tongs, dryers, straighteners or bleaches and bleaching equipment can cause damage to the hair and scalp at the hairdressers
- Children can be hurt by playing with defective toys
- Breast implants, other cosmetic implants, replacement hip joint or any other faulty medical device can cause injury
The injury lawyers in Trowbridge will find who is responsible
The biggest responsibility for safety falls on the manufacturers, producers and importers of the products, but wholesalers and shops also have legal obligations.
If there are any potential dangers they should:
- Warn consumers about the potential risks
- Provide the consumers with information to help them understand the risks in a way that is easily understood
- Monitor the safety of their products
- Take action if any product is found to be unsafe
If faulty goods have injured you, as well as talking to the injury lawyers in Trowbridge you should report the product to the Trading Standards Office.Open Claim Calculator
The powers of Trading Standards Officers
Trading Standards Officers have the powers to:
- Seize goods for safety testing
- Stop the sale of the goods
- Order the recall of any goods sold
- Ask the courts for permission to destroy the goods
- Prosecute the guilty party, which can result in heavy fines or imprisonment.
Trading Standards Officers are responsible for most safety enforcement, and would certainly be involved if the injury caused by the faulty goods was serious, or happening to several people.
Making your faulty goods claim
Accident Advice Helpline can assist your personal injury claim no matter what type of accident you have been involved in. We were established in 2000, the founders’ intentions being to provide access to justice to blameless victims of accidents under the no win, no fee* agreement. This means victims do not have to find any money to start the claim or if the claim is lost.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123. Our advisors are there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to give you free advice and support for your injury claim. Or complete our 30-second test, which lets you know if your claim is valid and gives you an estimate of the amount you might receive.