Suffered a hiking or walking related injury? You need injury lawyers in Sawbridgeworth to help with your personal injury compensation claim!
Hiking and walking groups are becoming more common, offering a popular and enjoyable way of exploring the countryside where we live and beyond. The exhilaration and exertion, of participating in a lengthy walk or hike in a group of likeminded people can provide the opportunity to discover new places and see the locality from a different viewpoint. However, walking and hiking are not without their risks and injuries can result that were caused by accidents that weren’t even your fault.
Follow our guide to hiking and walking safely
- Always wear clothing in layers which is warm, waterproof and windproof and take a hat and gloves even if the weather is mild.
- Tell someone where you intend to walk and an approximate time for your return, follow local advice and weather warnings.
- Take adequate high energy foods and water in case you become lost or delayed for any reason.
- Pack a torch with spare batteries and bulbs.
- Take an OS map and a compass to ensure that you are able to navigate an alternative route if required.
- Wear appropriate footwear, ideally walking boots with a ridged sole and which cover the ankle to prevent twisting your ankle.
- Take walking poles to aid your balance and steady your path on uneven routes.
- Always wear a watch and take a whistle and a mobile phone in case of emergency.
- Ensure that dogs are kept on leads to avoid frightening livestock and for safety around farmland.
- Take your rubbish home with you and ensure that any gates are closed, or as you found them.
Claiming for your hiking injury using injury lawyers in Sawbridgeworth
Call and speak to an adviser from the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline who can lead you through the process of making a personal injury compensation claim using injury lawyers in Sawbridgeworth. With over a decade of experience, the team at Accident Advice Helpline are able to offer you professional knowledge and expertise, in order to help you to make a decision about whether proceeding with a personal injury compensation claim, using their injury lawyers in Sawbridgeworth, for your hiking accident is right for you.
If you do decide that making a claim is the way forward for your circumstances, then their injury lawyers in Sawbridgeworth will act on your behalf on a 100% no win no fee basis. To find out if you are eligible to claim, why not try their unique 30 second test? This will not only let you know if you have a valid claim, it will also give you an estimate of the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
Date Published: 31st October 2013
Author: David Brown