Injury Lawyers in Puttenham
When a family lose a loved one, the grief is bad enough for them, but when they know that loved one died unnecessarily in an accident that was of no fault of their own, the effects can be soul destroying. Any family in this situation, once they are over the initial shock, should speak to the compassionate injury lawyers in Puttenham at Accident Advice Helpline.
Injury Lawyers in Puttenham Discuss the Eligibility of Making a Personal Injury Claim
UK law states that any dependent can make a fatal accident compensation claim, this could include:
- A civil partner
- A former civil partner of the deceased
- A person who had been living with the deceased, as a husband or wife, for at least two years
- A parent
- A child
- Brothers and sisters
- Uncles and aunts
- Nephews, nieces and cousins
- A husband or wife
- An ex husband or wife
How the Amount is Decided
The amount is made up of several factors when you make a fatal accident injury claim, and injury lawyers in Puttenham will make sure they are all accounted for. These can include:
- Loss of income for the future, this would be a lower figure for on older person on the assumption they had less years left to work.
- Statutory bereavement damages – this is only paid once and split evenly between dependents if there are more than one
- The costs of other things the deceased would have done such as DIY or childcare
- The pain and suffering of the deceased if they were aware of pain before they died
- Funeral expenses
- Probate costs
Making a Fatal Injury Compensation Claim
This is an extremely difficult time for the bereaved family without having to go through the stress of making a personal injury claim – let Accident Advice Helpline do it for you. For over 13 years we have been dealing with fatal injury claims, and we understand what a difficult time this is for the family, and will take the stress off their shoulders.
Our in house solicitors are experienced and knowledgeable about all types of injuries from all types of accidents and among the many thousands of claimants we have already helped, unfortunately a lot of them have been fatal accident compensation claims.
We operate on a no win no fee basis, which means no money is needed to start the claim. This can be especially important if the family is already struggling for cash, as they will not need to find any money to put the claim in motion.
On our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, you will find friendly and compassionate advisors. They will speak to you in confidence, give you free legal advice and if you then decide you wish to proceed with the claim, they will start the process for you.
Date Published: 3rd November 2013
Author: David Brown