How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Lawyers in Norbury

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Norbury

    There are several places in England called Norbury, one in London, one in Derbyshire, another in Staffordshire and yet another in Cheshire. If you live in one of these Norburys you may be looking for injury lawyers in Norbury to help you with your potential personal injury compensation claim.

    Injury lawyers in Norbury

    You may be looking for injury lawyers in Norbury because you have been injured in an accident which you can prove was not your fault. You could also be seeking injury lawyers in Norbury because you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was the result of another person’s negligence.

    If you are unable to locate injury lawyers in Norbury or ones anywhere else in the UK, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for advice and help.

    How long do I have to claim?

    If your accident occurred in the British Isles, you have three years in which to make a personal injury compensation claim. If it happened at sea, in the air or at an airport, then you only have two years in which to make a claim. This is because such accidents and injuries resulting from them, are governed by international conventions.

    For example, if you were injured at an airport anywhere in the world, as long as the country was a signatory to the Montreal Convention, you would have two years in which to file your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You have three years to lodge a personal injury compensation claim for an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence, from the date of the first diagnosis.

    Why wait three years to make a claim?

    Generally the sooner you file a personal injury compensation claim the better. This is because of the time-scale involved. The three year period is allowed because you may fully recover from your injuries or illness during that time and because you may not be able to file a claim if your injuries were very serious (for example if you were in a coma).

    If you wait too long before filing a claim, you may have forgotten some of the details of your accident, whereas they will be clear in your mind if you visit an injury lawyer as soon as you can. Injury lawyers will also visit you in hospital or at home if you are unable to visit their offices.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think you have a personal injury compensation claim to make, but you are not sure about how best to proceed, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice. You can call us on one of our freephone numbers at any time of day or night, every day of the year. The numbers to call are 0800 689 0500 for landlines and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. For expert legal advice, take advantage of our freephone numbers and call now.

    Date Published: 23rd December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.