How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Hanwell

    If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault and you can prove this, you may be looking for injury lawyers in Hanwell or elsewhere. If you need help to file a claim, you should call us at Accident Advice Helpline if you don’t know where to start. You have three years in which to file most claims, but you should check with injury lawyers in Hanwell or with us at Accident Advice Helpline. You should begin your claim as soon as possible after your accident in any case, so that the details of it are clear in your mind.

    Injury lawyers in Hanwell

    You could also be looking for injury lawyers in Hanwell if you have been diagnosed with an illness in the last three years which you can prove was caused because of another person’s negligence. This could be a clinical negligence claim against a hospital trust, for example if something went wrong with your medical treatment. You might have been diagnosed with a work-related illness and can prove that it was caused by your boss’s negligence.

    Claiming for an injury after a hit-and-run accident

    If you were unlucky enough to be injured by a hit-and-run driver, you should inform the police of the accident within “a reasonable period” according to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). If you wish to claim for damage to property you have five days in which to report the accident to the police.

    You can claim compensation for injuries and damage to property if the driver who was responsible for your injuries or the damage was uninsured or is untraceable. You should claim for damage to property within nine months of the accident.  You will need to give the MIB the authority to access your medical records and police reports. If you are claiming for loss of earnings, then you will have to give your permission for the MIB to contact your employer.

    Although you can claim through the MIB directly, the forms are a little complicated to complete, and you may wish to hire the services of a no-win, no fee injury lawyer to help you through the procedure. If you wanted to appeal against any decision made by the MIB, you would need the help of injury lawyers in Hanwell for example, or you could call us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that has had more than a decade’s experience of helping people with their personal injury compensation claims. If you need expert legal advice about making any potential personal injury compensation claim, call us on one of our freephone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile, the number to ring is 0333 500 0993. Why not call us now for expert legal advice and to discover how we may be able to help you?

    Date Published: 30th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.