How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Flitwick

    If you live in Flitwick, it is possible that you are looking for a firm of injury lawyers in Flitwick. You may be looking for injury lawyers in Flitwick because you have been the victim of a crime, perhaps a mugging, in which you were injured, despite having done nothing to provoke the attack. You may also be looking for injury lawyers if you were injured in an accident for which you were not to blame. Yet another reason for seeking out injury lawyers would be if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence.

    Injury lawyers in Flitwick

    You generally have three years from the date of an accident, or of first being diagnosed with an illness, in which to file a personal injury compensation claim. However, there are some types of accident for which you have only two years in which to file an injury claim. Some of these are accidents in the air (on international flights), at airports or at sea. You also only have two years in which to file a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for injuries sustained while a crime was in progress.

    Injuries sustained during a crime

    When you have been the victim of a crime, you need to report it to the police, who will give you a unique crime reference number. If you have to receive medical treatment because you were injured while the crime was in progress, you may be eligible to claim compensation from the CICA. You should get updates from the police about the progress of their investigation into your crime once a month until the case is closed.

    You will need your crime reference number and an available police report as well as a medical report if you begin a claims process through the CICA. You can, in theory, handle the claim process yourself, but as it is complicated, you would be best advised to hire a lawyer who has experience of dealing with criminal injuries claims.

    Only an experienced lawyer can tell you if the amount of compensation you may be offered is reasonable or not. You can appeal against any decision made by the CICA about your compensation claim, but you would need a lawyer to do this.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about any type of personal injury compensation claim wherever you live in the British Isles, you can call us at Accident Advice Helpline.  The two numbers to call are 0333 500 0993 for mobile calls and 0800 689 0500 for landlines. If you need help and advice to make a personal injury compensation claim, call us now.

    Date Published: 21st October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.