Every once in a while, one faces the problem of purchasing faulty goods. Of course this is always unexpected, as when someone pays for a product with their hard earned money, they expect nothing but the best.
Unfortunately faulty goods are sold everywhere in the UK, including Skipton. The good news is, however, that there are many rules and regulations concerning this that will protect you, including potentially receiving compensation.
If you have been caught up in this problem, and have been injured because of it, then you may be entitled to file a compensation claim. You will need an injury lawyer to help you file a claim. However, finding an injury lawyer in Skipton may be difficult given the size of the area.
Although they do not have an injury lawyer in Skipton Accident Advice Helpline can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury lawyer in Skipton look no further than this expert service.
They are a law firm with over 10 years’ experience within the personal injury claims industry, and they are ready to provide you with an expert injury lawyer. All you need to do is contact them by calling their free number on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Types of faulty goods
Defective goods can come in many shapes and sizes and from many different industries. Some might even take you by surprise. A few are listed below that you might be familiar with:
- Electrical equipment– Faulty electrical equipment can catch fire, and as a result burn the victim. Thus leading to severe or possibly fatal injuries. If this has happened to you or anyone you know then Accident Advice Helpline should be contacted immediately, so they can put you through to an injury lawyer who is an expert in dealing with such cases.
- Product connected correctly– A chair can collapse when the weight of a person is placed upon it if not put together properly. For example, if the screws or pieces of wood were in bad condition or simply loose. This could lead to broken bones, fractures or even slipped discs.
- Food– If you purchase food and it is not in good condition and as a result of this, you contract food poisoning, you will be entitled to file a compensation claim.
Why you need an injury lawyer in Skipton:
- Compensation claims should be filed as soon as possible. Most injuries will not be entitled to compensation if it has not happened within the last three years.
- If the case does go to court, the claimant does not have to necessarily be there. An injury lawyer can represent them instead, making sure they receive the compensation they deserve.
- Most claims are usually settled outside of court. This is especially true with defective goods claims as the manufactures will not want to attend.
- As much evidence as possible should be gathered for the claim. This includes the product, receipt, witnesses and their contact numbers as all will be beneficial for the claimant.
Date Published: 19th November 2013
Author: David Brown