Skegness is a town that’s on the seaside of the North Sea in Lincolnshire England. It’s well known for fishing and tourism. Its landmarks include the diamond jubilee clock tower, compass gardens and the pier.
Any area that has water transportation faces the risk of shipping accidents. They are quite common and may have adverse effects on the respective parties and in some cases might even lead to death.
Most shipping accidents are normally caused by the negligence of one party, and the affected ones are liable to claim compensation for the damages they suffered. This can be through the help of an injury lawyer in Skegness. Injury lawyers have the law at hand and know the exact legal procedures to be taken to ensure the correct amount of compensation is won for the victim’s injuries.
This is where Accident advice helpline comes in, as we are an established law firm with over ten years’ experience and can help when it comes to ensuring that the victims receive a highly professional injury lawyer to conduct the case.
Although we do not have an injury lawyer in Skegness we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury lawyer in Skegness look no further than our expert service.
Our contact number is 0800 689 0500 and we have friendly advisors waiting readily to provide any information that is asked of them. We operate on a 100% no win no fee policy, meaning if you lose, you don’t pay a penny.
Causes of shipping accidents
Mechanical problems that occur on the ship: The ship may not have been serviced regularly which could lead to mechanical problems, leading to the breakdown of it.
Poor or unqualified drivers: Drivers that are not qualified well enough or do not have the right shipping equipment available to them, may also cause an accident to occur.
Natural disaster: This is something that the driver, or anyone else for that matter has no control over. In this case, the owners of the ship or the drivers are not liable to pay for the damages since it was beyond their control.
What to expect when dealing with an injury lawyer
- One can only be compensated if the accident was caused due to another person’s negligence.
- Shipping accidents may be fatal. Therefore seeking medical treatment should be the victim’s first priority. Then they should contact Accident Advice Helpline to find an injury lawyer to seek out their compensation for them.
- It should have happened within three years in order to be compensated unless it was a minor.
- The amount of compensation that the victim will receive will not be known until the outcome of the case has been decided. However, Accident Advice Helpline do have a 30 second test on their website that estimates exactly that.
- Usually the victim will not need to attend court, as having an injury lawyer will usually be enough to ensure that the compensation claim is won.