Gap year accident? An injury lawyer in Rosebank can help you to claim your compensation!
Gap years are an increasingly popular way of taking time off from studying and career choices to take the opportunity to explore foreign countries and different cultures. For many young people, a gap year offers them the chance to plan a trip of a lifetime that they will remember for years to come.
Planning your gap year
Although planning takes time and energy to research and organise, it really is so important to ensure that you have thought through where you would like to visit, how you intend to travel and more importantly how far your budget might stretch!
- Always consult the Foreign Office website for up to date advice about countries that may be unsafe to visit.
- Try to research as much as possible about the countries that you hope to visit
- Take the advice that you’re given by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, as you may invalidate your travel insurance if you don’t.
- Ensure that you take out adequate travel insurance before you set off.
- Make sure that you have the immunisations that you are recommended to and take any medications that you are given.
- Always give someone at home an itinerary of where you intend to visit and the dates and flight numbers of any journeys.
When you are away
Obviously, accidents and incidents can happen at anytime and anywhere. However, being prepared and organised can minimise compromising your personal safety.
- The laws in other countries may differ widely from our own. Use your common sense, and if in doubt, don’t do it!
- Avoid large crowds and demonstrations, as you may get injured or arrested.
- Always dress modestly and appropriately for the culture that you are visiting. Avoid wearing jewellery and clothes that may attract the wrong sort of attention.
- Use your common sense and be aware of your surroundings.
- You may be a target for pickpockets, so be vigilant at all times.
- Try to travel with someone else, as travelling alone increases your vulnerability.
- Don’t accept food or drinks from someone you don’t know.
- Never discuss your travel plans with strangers.
Make your claim using an injury lawyer in Rosebank
If you have sustained an injury as the result of an accident or incident whilst travelling in your gap year that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, make a personal injury claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyer in Rosebank. Our injury lawyer in Rosebank can process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis. With over 15 years’ experience, we can offer you advice and guidance about the claims process. Just dial 0800 689 0500 now to find out more about claiming.
Date Published: 23rd October 2013
Author: David Brown