Injury lawyer in Pontardawe
Pontardawe is a town of some 5,000 inhabitants in the Swansea Valley, in South Wales. During the latter part of the 19th century and up to the middle of the 20th century, the main industry in Pontardawe was steel and tinplate, with a number of steelworks and tinplate works exporting all over the world.
In these types of employment, finger injuries are a common occurrence. If an employee’s hands are damaged because of their job, they may want to use an injury lawyer in Pontardawe in order to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Finger injuries interest an injury lawyer in Pontardawe
If your fingers have been hurt in an accident, you may be able to use an injury lawyer in Pontardawe to make a personal injury compensation claim:
- If the injury was because of an accident that was not your fault, you should make the claim within three years;
- If the injury was because of a crime, you should make your claim within two years;
- However your injury occurred, you must have sought medical treatment; and
- The police must have been informed in the case of criminal injury, and you must have helped them with their enquiries.
Obviously there are other things than can affect your claim, but each case is different and you need to speak to an injury lawyer in Pontardawe at Accident Advice Helpline to see if you can make a personal injury compensation claim.
Other items you can make part of your claim
The claim will be affected by the pain and suffering your injury has caused you, how long it is likely to last, and if there is permanent damage. There are other things as well, material things that can be itemised, such as:
- Loss of earnings;
- Cost of care if you are no longer able to carry out normal everyday tasks;
- Medical treatment;
- Travel costs;
- Replacement of equipment and accessories that have been damaged;
- For the stress and anxiety that the accident may cause; and
- Any other costs you have had to pay out because of the accident.
There are several organisations that may be involved with your claim
Your claim will be made against the person or organisation that caused the injury, but the settlement of the claim might be made by:
- Insurance companies;
- Local authorities;
- Government departments; or
- Manufacturers of products.
There are other organisations that could be involved, but Accident Advice Helpline have the expertise to deal with them all, no matter how large they may be. We have our own in-house solicitors who deal with personal injury compensation claims day in, day out. They are used to dealing with all sorts of organisations and will not be brow beaten by them. They will ensure that the compensation you receive from them is a fair amount for your injury.
Accident Advice Helpline are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and our friendly advisors can off you the help and support you need. Our freephone number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Alternatively you could complete our online 30-second test, which is there to give you some idea as to the amount of compensation you can expect for your injury.
Call today and get the ball rolling on your compensation claim.
Date Published: 19th October 2013
Author: David Brown