A car crash could mean you want to speak with an injury lawyer in Plockton
Plockton is a village in the Highlands of Scotland with a population of 378. Most of the houses date from the 18th and 19th centuries. It was a planned community based on fishing in an attempt to stem the tide of emigration from the Highlands.
There are many ways in which a car crash can happen, the most common cause being a lack of concentration by one of the drivers. If someone is injured severely enough to need medical attention in an accident that was not their fault, they may want to speak with an injury lawyer in Plockton.
Injuries from a car crash may mean you need the services of an injury lawyer in Plockton
If you have been injured in a car crash and the accident fits the criteria, you should be making a personal injury claim. This means that:
- The accident happened within the last three years;
- You did not cause the accident; and
- You needed medical attention for your injuries.
The concerns that may have to be dealt with
There are several people who could be responsible for settling your personal injury compensation claim. The main ones are:
- Insurance companies;
- Local authorities responsible for maintenance of the highways, if the accident has been caused by a pothole or bad road surface;
- The Motor Insurers’ Bureau if the other driver turns out to be uninsured, or in the case of a hit and run, untraceable driver. All insurers that offer motor insurance have to be a member of the MIB. They have to pay them a levy each year and supply them with information for a central database that details all the insured vehicles in the UK. The MIB are meant to make sure that injured parties do not lose out because of the lack of insurance on the part of the person at fault.
- A manufacturer, if it turns out the accident was caused by something defective, for example the brakes on one of the cars involved.
If you have had a car crash and think you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to speak to an injury lawyer in Plockton.Open Claim Calculator
The law firm to deal with
Accident Advice Helpline are the law firm you should deal with when making a personal injury compensation claim. We will put your needs first, make sure your claim is dealt with quickly and efficiently, and ensure you get the amount you should for your claim.
You can complete the 30-second test on our website, or you can telephone our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, at any time of day or night, any day of the week. Our advisors are here waiting to take your call to assist you all they can in getting your personal injury compensation claim into motion.