Looking for an injury lawyer in Muswell Hill?
Muswell Hill is a suburb of north London, mostly in the London Borough of Haringey. The earliest records of Muswell Hill date from the 12th century. The Bishop of London, who was the Lord of the Manor of Harringay, owned the area and granted 65 acres (263,000 m²).
An accident in the workplace, if it was caused through the negligence of your employer and you sustained injuries that needed medical attention, could easily mean that you are entitled to use an injury lawyer in Muswell Hill.
Employers have duties towards their employees
Employers have a legal obligation to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers or the general public, but as an employer they should:
- Ensure that the work place is a safe working environment
- Be sure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order
- Have working practices in place and make sure employees follow the guidelines
- Make sure that all materials are stored, handled and used safely
- Provide adequate first aid facilities
- Inform you about potential hazards in your job and give you the training needed to deal with these
- Set up emergency plans
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation
- Provide health supervision as needed
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place
- Report serious accidents to the health and Safety Executive
If your employer complies with all the rules and regulations and you still have an accident at work, you may be entitled to use an injury lawyer in Muswell Hill.
Employees have duties towards their employers
Employees need to make sure they do nothing to put themselves, their employers, work mates or anyone else, in danger. They should follow procedures and wear the protective clothing provided. In following the rules of the employer, hopefully they will avoid using an injury lawyer in Muswell Hill.
Employers’ liability insurance
So everyone does what he or she should but still an accident happens and still you need to make an injury claim. It will not be your employer that will be out of pocket and it should not be you either. Most employers, there are a few exceptions, have to have employers liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000. If an accident happened in the workplace it would be an insurance company that pays out the claim, not your employer.
Using your injury lawyer
When it comes to making a compensation claim your first thought may be to seek the help of a local injury lawyer in Muswell Hill. However, in many circumstances you are better off using the services of a national provider like Accident Advice Helpline.
Call our advisors on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and get free advice from them about the way forward.
Date Published: 14th October 2013
Author: David Brown