There is a lot of information online about claiming personal injury compensation – some good, some bad! It can be difficult to know which information is factually correct or relevant to you. We have compiled this list of injury compensation facts for North Lincolnshire to help give you an understanding of personal injury compensation, so that you can make an informed decision about claiming compensation for your injury
Injury compensation facts for North Lincolnshire
- You can claim personal injury compensation for an injury, an illness, or a psychological illness, providing that the accident that caused your injury, or illness, was someone else’s fault, and your injury is in your medical record.
- You don’t have to claim straightaway. You have three years from the date of your accident in which to start claim proceeding, so you should wait until you are sure that you have recovered from your injury. If you claim too soon you may not get all of the compensation that you would have been entitled to.
- Most personal injury claims are settled out of court. This keeps legal costs down for everyone involved in the case and ensures that accident victims get their money as quickly as possible.
- There aren’t set compensation amounts for different injuries. Every claim is unique and there are several factors that need to be taken into account. However, you can get an estimate of how much you could be owed by using the compensation calculator tool on our website.
- You cannot get legal aid to help with the cost of making a personal injury claim. You can avoid paying your legal fees upfront by using a lawyer who works under the no win no fee* agreement.
Claiming with Accident advice Helpline
If you want to go ahead and make a personal injury claim we can help you. We are one of the UK’s leading injury law firms and we have injury lawyers available to begin work on your claim today. Our injury lawyers work hard to make sure that our clients get their money as quickly as possible, and they work on injury claims under the no win no fee* agreement, so you can claim today without paying us a penny upfront.
Call to start your claim today
For further advice and injury compensation facts for North Lincolnshire call our helpline now on 0800 689 0500. Or call 0333 5000 0993 from a mobile. Alternatively, text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and one of our advisors will call you. Lines are open 24 hours a day and all calls to Accident Advice Helpline are kept confidential.
Date Published: 9th December 2015