Injury claims lawyer in Lydd
Lydd is a town in Kent, lying on the Romney Marsh. It is one of the larger villages on the marsh and the most southerly village in Kent. Lydd developed as a settlement during the Romano-British period on a shingle island when the coast at the time cut off Lydd from the mainland.
A fall at work and an injury claims lawyer in Lydd
If a fall at work happened to one of the residents of Lydd, it conjures up a vision of someone falling over and perhaps bruising his or her knee, but if that fall happens to be down a flight of stairs or from a height, the injuries can be much more serious, and may be fatal. Whatever the consequences of their fall at work, if it was not their fault, they may be able to use an injury claims lawyer in Lydd.
Employers have a duty to try and prevent accidents at work
An employer has legal responsibilities towards their employees and failure to comply with these rules and regulations can mean they will be heavily fined, as well as perhaps facing an injury claim instigated by an employee with the help of an injury lawyer in Lydd.
- They have to protect the health and safety of all employees and anyone else affected by the work.
- Most employers have to have employers liability insurance with minimum cover of £5,000,000.
- They should have a health and safety policy which all the employees know the details of.
- Risk assessments are important to identify any potential risk and take steps to correct them.
- All equipment should be in proper working order and fitted with whatever safety devices are needed.
- The staff should be properly trained to use the equipment.
- Everyone should have enough room to work in comfortably.
- All employees should have proper break periods.
- The employer should supply, free of charge, any protective clothing that is needed.
The rules are decided on, and monitored by, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Any serious accidents need reporting to them
Next, report it to us
After you have spoken to HSE, you need to speak to one of the friendly advisers at Accident Advice Helpline. You need to find out if the circumstances of your accident and the resulting injuries, entitle you to use an injury lawyer in Lydd. We have had over 15 years dealing with work related accidents, as well as every other type of accident and injury you can think of.
There are three ways you can make contact with us, you can use:
- Our online compensation calculator, also known as the 30-second test.
- Our online compensation claim form.
- Our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly advisers.
We operate on a No Win No Fee basis and you will have no money to find until we win your claim.
There is a three-year time limit on making this type of claim, so don’t delay, contact us today and let us obtain the personal injury compensation that you are entitled to, on your behalf. It could be the most profitable phone call you ever make.
Date Published: 7th October 2013
Author: David Brown