How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claims lawyer in Long Ashton

    Injury claims lawyer in Long Ashton

    Long Ashton is a village in Somerset. The parish has a population of 4,981. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book. Prehistoric and Roman artifacts have been found in the area, at the site of the Gatcombe Roman Settlement, but the village originated in Saxon times.  There were probably criminals even back then, but no scheme to get compensation for criminal injuries. Not like today, where if you have been the victim of a violent crime, you can claim compensation, with the help of an injury claims lawyer in Long Ashton.

    The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) and an injury claims lawyer in Long Ashton

    The CICA administers the scheme by where you can claim compensation if you are the blameless victim of a violent crime. They award damages to victims of crime, providing the claim complies with criminal injury law. The use of an injury lawyer in Long Ashton, may make it easier.

    Complying with CICA rules and using an injury lawyer in Long Ashton

    There are certain criteria each claim must fit to be able to make a claim and use a criminal injury claims lawyer in Long Ashton.

    • The crime must have happened within the last two years, unless you were under 18 at the time.
    • You must have been a blameless victim of the crime
    • The incident must have been reported to the police
    • You must have helped the police with their enquiries
    • You must have received medical attention for your injuries
    • You must have exhausted all other avenues of receiving compensation, such as the criminal themself.

    There are nationality rules for making a claim

    Criminal Injury Law also states that you have to meet certain residency or nationality requirements at the time of the incident. You should be a UK resident or:

    • Be a British Citizen or a close relative of a British Citizen
    • Be a national of a member state of the European Union (or a family member of an EU national who has the right to be in the UK)
    • Be a national of a member state of the European Economic Area (or a family member of an EEA national who has a right to be in the UK)
    • Be a member of HM armed forces or an accompanying close relative of a member of HM armed forces.

    If you want to make a claim using an injury lawyer in Long Ashton, you need to consider the things that might exclude you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • If you did not report the incident to the police
    • If you were injured before 1st August 1964
    • If you have already applied for compensation for this particular injury through this or any other scheme
    • If the injury happened after 1st October 1979 and you have continued to live with the person who caused the injury
    • If the person who injured you could benefit from your award because there is still a close link between you

    How we can help

    Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with injuries from accidents and crimes for over 13 years. We have the experience you need for a quick and efficient conclusion to the traumatic experience you have suffered. Our advisors are highly trained professionals, who are compassionate and will guide you through the processes. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123. 

    Date Published: 6th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.