An injury claims lawyer in Llanrhidian won’t work in a warehouse
Warehouses can be dangerous places to work, the potential risks for accidents is enormous and if the employers done follow all the health and safety regulations, the consequences can be dire. If you happen to be involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you were injured through it, you may be entitled to use an injury claims lawyer in Llanrhidian.
A warehouse accident that can mean you using an injury claims lawyer in Llanrhidian
Some of the common events that cause accidents in warehouses are:
- Falling objects – If something is stacked high and topples over, or one falls off the top and lands on some ones head, the resulting injury could be horrendous, and the victim might need to use an injury lawyer in Llanrhidian. Even something small, if it falls from a big height, can cause a lot of damage.
- Heavy lifting – Without proper training, heave lifting can be a real hazard. The law states that as much manual handling as possible should be eliminated, and where this cannot be, every safety measure should be in place.
- Forklift truck accidents. An essential piece of equipment in any warehouse, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They should be properly maintained and only qualified drivers should operate them
- Falls from heights. Warehouses often need workers to work above floor level throughout the day. The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to work above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way round it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- Obstructions. Walkways should be kept free of obstructions. It is not unusual for the victim to have their hands full and be oblivious to the obstruction.
- Spillages on the floor should be cleared up as soon as possible. Oil particularly can be very slippy, and if someone is carrying something heavy, slips and it falls on them, the results could be a very nasty injury.
The dangers of working in a warehouse are numerous, and the above are only a few suggestions as to what could happen to cause injuries and the need for an injury lawyer in Llanrhidian.
What the employer needs to do
What the employer needs to do is have every possible safety measure in place, make sure heavy lifting and working above floor height are only done as an absolute necessity and provide, free of charge, any protective clothing and equipment that will reduce the risk of injury.
Where you can get help
So everyone does everything they should and accidents still happen. It’s the way things are, and if you were injured in an accident and want to make a personal injury compensation claim you should contact Accident Advice Helpline.We will ensure that your claim is dealt with quickly and efficiently. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or try our 30-second online test for guidance.
Date Published: 4th October 2013
Author: David Brown