Suffered distressing food poisoning and need to find an injury lawyer in Lauder?
Unfortunately, food poisoning has become a more common occurrence over the last twenty years, as our diets have moved away from cooking with fresh ingredients to eating more processed and ready made foods, or choosing to eat out for meals according to our budgets.
If you have suffered from a bout of food poisoning as a result of some one else’s fault, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Finding a reputable and dependable injury claims lawyer in Lauder to guide you through the claims process is key to securing a successful personal injury claim.
Food poisoning is caused by consuming food that has become contaminated by bacteria such as Salmonella or E. Coli or through a virus such as Norovirus. Food can become contaminated at any stage of its production, processing or cooking and cause the following symptoms:
- stomach cramps
Usually food poisoning symptoms begin within 1-3 days after consuming contaminated food. However, if the food has become contaminated as a result of toxins, then the onset of the symptoms of food poisoning can be sudden and cause violent vomiting within 12 hours after eating the contaminated food.
Types of food that cause food poisoning
Some foods are particularly susceptible to contamination as they need to be handled, stored, prepared and cooked properly as they may contain bacteria which needs to be eliminated by heat by being thoroughly cooked.
- raw meat
- raw poultry
- raw eggs
- raw shellfish
- unpasteurised milk
- ready to eat foods such as cooked sliced meats, pate, soft cheeses and pre packed food such as sandwiches or sushi
The contamination of food
Food poisoning may be caused by:
- incorrectly cooking food so that it remains partially raw/cooked and not cooked thoroughly, for example, poultry, pork, burgers, sausages and kebabs
- incorrectly storing food at the wrong temperature, for example, chilled food should be stored below 5 degrees
- food should not be left at a warm temperature for too long
- food handling and preparation should not be undertaken by any one who is ill themselves
- good hygiene and health and safety procedures should be followed
- food that has expired beyond its use by date should not be consumed
- cross contamination of food spreads infection from raw to cooked food
Using an injury claims lawyer in Lauder
Accident Advice Helpline are a well established and highly regarded personal injury compensation provider who can provide no obligation advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call: 0800 689 0500 to speak to a helpful and professional telephone adviser, who can answer any queries you may have swiftly and effectively.
As long as the food poisoning wasn’t your fault and occurred within the last 3 years’, then you may be eligible to make a legal claim for compensation.
To find out if you are eligible to make a claim, just go on-line and take part in Accident Advice Helpline’s unique 30 second test.
If you are legally entitled to make a claim for food poisoning, then your injury claims lawyer in Lauder will work on 100% compensation no win no fee basis to process your claim.
Date Published: 3rd October 2013
Author: David Brown