Can I Claim Compensation for my Personal Injuries?
In order to decide whether or not you have a potential injury claim in Westhill, there are 3 simple questions you need to ask yourself:
- Have I been involved in an accident that wasn’t my fault?
Yes – proceed to question 2
No – you do not have a claim.
- Was I injured and/or did I suffer any financial loss as a result of the accident?
Yes – proceed to question 3
No – you do not have a claim
- Was the accident within the last 3 years?
Yes – you have a potential injury claim in Westhill
No – you do not have a claim (unless you are answering on behalf of a minor or if your accident relates to industrial diseases – in which case the 3 year deadline does not apply)
Assessing Your Claim
If you have established that you have a potential injury claim Westhill then the next step is to get an honest assessment of the likelihood that your claim will be successful. Accident Advice Helpline offers two ways in which you can do this:
- We have advice lines open 24 hours a day. Our friendly, helpful advisers will talk through your accident and give you an honest assessment of whether you have a potential claim. If we can’t answer any of your questions straight away, we’ll call you back. To call from a landline, the number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
- Our website http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/ offers a free compensation calculator, also known as the ’30 second test’, which can help you find out if you qualify for compensation as well as estimating how much you may get.
Making a Claim
After contacting Accident Advice Helpline, you are under no obligation to go ahead with a claim. You decide if you want to start your claim.
If you do decide to make a claim, our advisers will allocate one of our legal partners to work with you on your case. All our legal partners work on a 100% no win, no fee basis.
Most claims can be processed by telephone and, although you may be required to have one medical assessment, it is unlikely that you will need to attend court.
Our team will stay in touch with you throughout the claim process.
If your claim is successful, the claim amount you receive will be made up of a payment for the injury and reimbursement of expenses such as travel costs, prescription charges, child care, home help and loss of earnings.
Date Published: 6th October 2013
Author: David Brown