If you have been involved in a quarrying accident then you could make an injury claim in Trefor
Trefor is a village in Gwyned, Wales. Surrounded by the sea and mountains, the local area has long been associated with the granite quarrying industry.
Health and safety in the quarrying industry
The Health and Safety Executive reports that quarrying remains to be one of the most dangerous industries to work in. It is absolutely imperative that quarry managers follow the HSE guidance regarding Health and Safety regulations in the quarrying industry. If this does not occur then employees could be facing unnecessary hazards and may suffer from an occupational injury. If this occurs then an injury claim could be made.
The main causes of injury in the quarrying industry are:
- Manual handling and musculoskeletal injuries
- Falls from height
- Being struck by a vehicle
- Slips and trips
- Hand-arm vibration
- Asthma (due to exposure to quarry dusts)
- Noise (leading to hearing damage)
- Exposure to silica
What should I do if I need to make an injury claim in Trefor?
- Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile) to speak to our knowledgeable advisors. They will be able to provide you with support and information regarding your accident.
- You will be invited to take our unique 30 second test to find out the level of compensation that you could receive should you make an injury claim in Trefor.
- If you decide you would like to go ahead with your case then you will be referred to our specialist legal team. We can provide you with lawyers that are experts in all different types of personal injury law, tailoring your legal representation based on your particular type of claim.
- Our legal representation is offered on a no win no fee* basis. Most claims can be dealt with over the phone and most claimants will not be required to attend court.
What costs can be included in my compensation claim?
When you make an injury claim you will receive a sum based on the extent of you physical injuries, however, other costs can be included in the total amount you receive. For example you may be able to claim recompense for any of the following:
- Psychological damage
- Travel expenses to and from hospital.
- Loss of personal belongings
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of medical care and treatment
- Having to pay somebody else to do tasks which you are no longer able to undertake, eg childcare, cleaning, gardening