Struan is a small village situated on the west coast of the Island of Skye. It has a population of around 300, all of whom have a carpal tunnel in the wrist, which could be injured in an accident and might mean they are entitled to make an injury claim in Struan.
Making an injury claim in Struan for carpal tunnel syndrome
There are eight small bones in the wrist called the carpal bones. Over them lays tendons, and between the two the gap forms a small space called the carpal tunnel. Through this tunnel runs the median nerve, which is the main nerve between the arm and the hand. It is damage to this nerve that creates carpal tunnel syndrome and may mean having to make an injury claim in Struan.
The causes that make it possible to make an injury claim in Struan
The causes of carpal tunnel syndrome are many, just some of them are:
- Continual typing on a keyboard
- Continual use of vibrating tools
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist
- Regular heavy lifting
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm
- Excessive forceful pinch grips
If any of these have caused you carpal tunnel syndrome, you may be able to make an injury claim.
The symptoms of the condition
The signs of carpal tunnel syndrome are as follows:Open Claim Calculator
- It starts with pins and needles, usually in the middle and index fingers
- In the same fingers, you can experience burning and tingling sensations
- Eventually this will turn to pain which may travel up the forearm
- As the condition worsens you may get numbness in the fingers and palm of the hand
- Occasionally, some people suffer dry skin in the affected area
- When it gets to its worst state, the thumb can become numb and weak causing a lack of grip. Eventually this can lean to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb.
If any of these signs suggest you have carpal tunnel syndrome, you may need to make an injury claim.
Treating the condition
The first thing you need to do in this situation is to stop the action that is causing the problem. The wrist will need to be rested to recover and take painkillers if necessary. Other treatment options, depending on the severity, are:
- A wrist splint to keep the tunnel in place without stress, particularly at night time
- Steroid injections
- Surgery to release the nerve
Making your injury claim in Struan
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make your claim for this condition. Over the last 15 years, we have helped many thousands of blameless victims claim the personal injury compensation they were due and there of been numerous of those claims for carpal tunnel syndrome.
We operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so no money will be needed to start your claim.
On our helpline number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993, you will find friendly, professional advisors who will give you free advice and guide you through the required processes. We are at the end of the phone all day, every day, for you to contact whenever you wish.