How to make an injury claim in Stennes for a cycling accident
Stennes is a village and parish on the Orkney Mainland in Scotland. It contains several notable prehistoric monuments including the Standing Stones of Stennes and the Ring of Brodgar. The surrounding countryside is ideal for cyclists, but unfortunately, that does mean that sometimes cycle accidents occur and if they are blameless victims, they can make an injury claim Stennes.
Falling of your cycle and making an injury claim in Stennes
Stenness provides wonderful countryside for riding your cycle, plenty of nice roads and stopping places for toilets and drinks. Unfortunately, cars, buses, lorries and tractors also use these roads and can be a bit of a hazard for the cyclist, as can potholes and bad road surfaces.
If you should be involved in an accident and fall of your cycle, you may be able to make an injury claim in Stennes.
The cyclist is very vulnerable to making an injury claim in Stennes
Hopefully, if you do fall off your cycle, you injuries will minor, but they can major injuries, such as:
- Head injuries. Wearing a well fitting, good quality helmet can help reduce the risk of head injuries.
- Facial injuries. These can be any part of the face; the jawbones, cheeks or eyes just to name a few.
- Broken bones. There are 206 bones in the human body, just waiting to be broken. Severe breaks can mean surgery to insert pins, screws or plates to hold the bones together.
- Road rash. This can be an extremely painful injury that usually occurs when you slide along the road and damage the skin.
- Trauma. Having an accident is traumatic enough, but the after effects can cause depression and anxiety.
What you need to do if you have an accident and want to make an injury claim in Stennes
If someone is injured in an accident, the police should be called. As part of their job while there, they should speak to everyone involved so they can complete an accident report. This report may be very useful to you when making your injury claim in Stennes.
If you are able, take the details of anyone else involved, although most cycle accidents are solo events caused by potholes or bad road surfaces. Also take the details of any witnesses, as you may need these when making your injury claim Stennes.
What’s the next step?
The next step should be to contact Accident Advice Helpline, either on their freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or by completing the 30-second test on the website. Our advisers will discuss you case with you and let you decide if you want to proceed. The decision is totally yours, no pressure from us at all.
Accident Advice Helpline will ensure your injury claim in Stennes is dealt with in a fast, simple and efficient manner, and make sure you get the personal injury compensation to which you are entitled.