How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Spey Bay

    Employers need to keep up to date to avoid an injury claim in Spey Bay

    Ignorance is no defence if you have an accident at work in which you are injured. Your employer claiming that they were unaware of certain rules and regulations will not stop a successful injury claim in Spey Bay — it is up to them to make sure that they keep up to date with the current laws and regulations in order to avoid legal action from employees.

    Health and safety changes are always reported

    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) always report any changes to health and safety legislation, and their very user-friendly website is a mine of information for employers. There is no excuse for employers not to take a quick look to see if anything has altered in their particular field.

    Risk assessments should be continual

    As part of the duty of care employers have towards employees, they should carry out regular risk assessments. These do not need to be expensive reams of paper that are difficult to understand; it really means that they should check the workplace for any risks and speak to the staff to see if they have spotted something the employer has missed. If they have more than five employees, the assessment needs to be written down. For fewer than five it is not legally required, but still good practice to keep a record of what is found.

    The HSE expect serious accidents to be reported

    Serious accidents at work must be reported to the HSE, and if you suspect that the employer has not done so then you should report it yourself. The HSE will check the problem out and ensure that it doesn’t happen to anyone else, closing the premises if necessary. The sorts of accidents they would expect to be reported are:

    • Death;
    • Major injuries, including broken limbs or ribs;
    • Disease;
    • Collapse of scaffolding or walls;
    • People overcome by gas or fumes; and
    • An injury that would need you to have more than three days off work.

    If you are involved in an accident that was not your fault, and you sustained injuries as a result, then you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Spey Bay.

    Open Claim Calculator

    All accidents should be recorded

    All accidents, no matter how minor, should be recorded in an accident book. Not only will a record help you if in the future you want to make an injury claim in Spey Bay, but it also helps the employer to see if similar accidents keep happening, so that they can takes steps to make sure that they are avoided in the future.

    The certificate

    It is mandatory for most employers to have employer’s liability insurance, and they should have the annual certificate on display for all to see. If it is not, you can ask to see it at any time and the law requires them to show it.

    We are here to help

    Accident Advice Helpline are second to none for dealing with an injury claim in Spey Bay. We believe in taking care of our claimants, making sure that they get the best deal for what has gone wrong for them.

    On our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, or you can complete the 30-second test online for guidance. Whichever you decide, we are confident that Accident Advice Helpline are the right people to help you.

    Date Published: 18th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.