Had a motorbike accident and need to know more about making an injury claim in Skegness?
Road traffic accidents are one of the most common accidents and they can result in severe and life changing injuries. However, accidents that involve motorbikes can be even worse as bikers are more exposed to the effects of a collision at speed, as they do not have the additional protection that a vehicle’s bodywork and crumple zones provide.
Accidents involving motorbikes
Motorbike accidents, unlike road traffic accidents involving two vehicles, are usually caused as a result of the vehicle driver’s inability to look and react in time to the motorbike rider.
If you have been involved in a motorbike accident, regardless of whom is liable, there are legal and practical considerations that must be adhered to.
- Firstly, try and remain calm and ensure that someone phones for the emergency services to attend the scene
- Try and ask for witnesses to provide their details so that a clear picture of the cause of the accident can be established later
- Make the scene safe. Ensure that all engines are turned off and that someone directs traffic around the collision. Use hazard warning triangles if available and wear high visibility tabards if visibility is poor, to avoid further accidents
- Exchange details with all parties involved in the collision. This is a legal requirement and failure to stop and exchange details is an offence. Name, address, contact details, registration mark, model and type of vehicle should be noted, along with insurance provider and registered keeper of all vehicles.
- Try and note the road conditions, weather conditions, time of day, direction of travel, road names and positions of witnesses. In addition, it may be useful to sketch the final positions of the vehicles involved to help your claim.
- Report the accident to the insurance company as soon as possible.
Making your injury claim in Skegness
If you have suffered a motorbike accident and been injured as a result, and it wasn’t your fault and it occurred within the last 3 years, then you can make an injury claim in Skegness.
Call the experts, Accident Advice Helpline, which is committed to providing a dependable, reliable and accountable personal injury compensation claims service to ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to. Their helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and answer any queries you may have about making an injury claim in Skegness with no obligation advice and assistance. Alternatively, take part in their unique 30-second online test and find out easily and quickly if you can make an injury claim in Skegness without even leaving the comfort of your armchair! With legal experts working on a 100% no win no fee* basis, you can be confident that your injury claim in Skegness will be dealt with professionally and appropriately at all times.Open Claim Calculator