A violent crime could cause you to make an injury claim in Scotscraig
Violent crime seems to be getting more common, and we seem to becoming desensitised to it. Although none of us like it, the shock and terror of such crimes seems to have diminished. That is, of course, unless you are the victim of one — then the experience is so traumatic that some people never fully recover. If you are injured as the blameless victim of a violent crime, you would be entitled to make an injury claim in Scotscraig.
The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) will deal with your injury claim in Scotscraig
CICA are a government-funded body who administer the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme. The government recognise that no amount of money can compensate you for the injuries you have received, but they see it as recognition of public sympathy for your situation. If you were injured in a violent crime and no blame was attached to you, you may be able to make an injury claim in Scotscraig.
CICA after you have approached the villain
A claim should only be submitted to CICA if you have been unable to claim from the guilty party, if you know who it is. If you do not, or the guilty party does not have the means to settle your claim then CICA will step in, providing you fit somewhere in the following:
- The incident should have happened within the last two years, unless you were under 18 when slightly different rules apply;
- It should have been reported to the police;
- You helped the police with enquiries;
- You needed medical attention for your injuries;
- You were not at fault for the violent crime;
- You sustained your injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk in trying to prevent or remedy a crime;
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing, or being involved in the immediate aftermath, of an incident in which a loved one was injured;
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence;
- You should be a UK citizen or an EU national with a right to be in the UK.
If you fit into these criteria, you may be able to make an injury claim in Scotscraig.
The scheme covers certain payments
The scheme will make payments for several things, which are:
- Personal injury following a single incident;
- Funeral costs;
- Special expense payments to cover injury-related needs which are not free of charge anywhere else;
- Personal injury following a period of abuse;
- Loss of earnings; and
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency.
Accident Advice Helpline are the best choice for your injury claim in Scotscraig
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help with your personal injury compensation claim. We have the experience and expertise you need for your claim. Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123. You will find that our friendly advisors are compassionate and will treat your claim with the respect it deserves. After a chat with them, you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.