Can I make an injury claim in Ruislip for my motorbike accident?
Ruislip is a suburban area of northwest London which is perfect for having a motorbiking accident. Motorbikes now account for 1% of all traffic on UK roads, but unfortunately are involved in 20% of deaths and serious injuries from accidents. A motorbike rider is 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver.
If you happen to have a motorbike accident, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ruislip. There are many reasons why a motorbike accident might happen, including:
- Loss of control at speed round bends;
- Overtaking/filtering accidents; and
- Right of way violation.
If you were blameless for your motorbike accident, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ruislip.
How motorbike riders are vulnerable
Crash helmets reduce the risk of a fatal head injury by about 50%, but still 80% of motorcycle deaths are because of serious head injuries. Motorbike riders are particularly vulnerable in accidents because of the lack of protection on a motorbike compared to the protection a car gives.
What injuries can arise from a motorbike accident?
Here are some of the injuries that can happen from a motorbike accident:
- Road rash (the rider slides along the road, scraping skin and flesh from their body);
- Biker’s arm (the bike falls on the rider’s arm and crushes it);
- Spinal injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Back injuries; and
- Head injuries.
If you sustain injuries in any one of these accidents, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ruislip.
Here are some other things you may be able to claim for
This will obviously depend on how serious your injuries are, but other things you may be able to claim for include:
- Care costs – you may no longer be able to carry out every day tasks for yourself and may need a carer;
- Pain, suffering, anxiety and stress;
- Any other costs or losses you incur as a direct result of the accident;
- Loss of earnings, past and future. If you are the main breadwinner and unable to work again, this is a huge loss to you and your family; and
- Replacement of equipment and accessories. After the trauma of a bad accident, you may never want to ride a motorbike again but you should be compensated for the value of the damaged leathers, helmet, etc.
As part of your injury claim in Ruislip, you have to consider how the accident may change your life.
Who do I get in touch with to help me?
Accident Advice Helpline have the knowledge and expertise to handle the insurance companies, who will usually insist it must have been the biker’s fault. Let us take that stress away from you.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and talk to one of our advisors about your accident, and we will make sure you get the fairest compensation available for your claim.
Date Published: 13th September 2013
Author: David Brown