If you have had an accident on your motorbike which was not your fault, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Rowlands Gill
Motorbike accidents can have nasty consequences. The riders do not have the protective shell that a car driver has, are more vulnerable and can end up badly injured — if they survive, that is. Whether they do or not, if the accident was not their fault then someone should make an injury claim in Rowlands Gill.
An injury claim in Rowlands Gill can help to make life a little easier
Injuries sustained through any type of accidents can mean a complete change of life, even if it is temporary. It will have an effect on your finances and your capabilities. For this reason, when making an injury claim in Rowlands Gill, every bad effect of your injuries needs to be accounted for. Our solicitors will do this — they will look at:
- Pain and suffering;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Loss of earnings;
- Care costs;
- Replacement of damaged goods;
- Travel costs to;
- Extra medical expenses;
- Home adaption or home moving should this prove necessary; and
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident and resulting injuries.
Wear the right gear
The motorcyclist can try to reduce the risk of serious injury by wearing the correct protective clothing, but this will only help to a certain extent. What they should wear is:
- A well fitting helmet. A good quality helmet can reduce the risk of brain injuries by 50%, but many riders do not realise that once they have dropped or knocked their helmet it will no longer give the same protection.
- Leather trousers and jacket. If a rider slides along the road, even leathers will eventually give way and the rider could end up losing skin and flesh from their bodies. This is called road rash and can be very painful.
- Good quality boots. The feet are very susceptible to injury in a motorbike accident. The ankles will break easily as the rider is thrown in the air or under their bike. The boots can give your feet the extra support to reduce the risk of this happening.
- Leather gloves. These will help protect the riders’ hands and reduce the risk of losing fingers or breaking the bones in the hands.
Hopefully, the use of these protective items may make the rider’s injuries less of a problem, and may mean they do not need to make an injury claim in Rowlands Gill.
Accident Advice Helpline have handled many personal injury compensation claim for motorbike riders
Often, when a motorbike is involved in an accident, it is assumed that the accident was the rider’s fault. However, more accidents are caused by car drivers not being aware of the motorbike. Accident Advice Helpline will make sure that the rider does not become the fall guy, make sure they are treated fairly and get the compensation they deserve.
On our website, there is a 30-second test that will give some guidance to qualification and amount of an injury claim in Rowlands Gill. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our advisors on 0800 689 0500 for friendly and professional advice.
Date Published: 14th September 2013
Author: David Brown