There’s a good chance it will be an insurance company that settles your injury claim in Rochford
If you have been involved in accident within the last three years that was not your fault, and you sustained injuries that needed medical attention, there stands a good chance that it will be an insurance company that settles your injury claim in Rochford.
The types of insurance that might cover your injury claim in Rochford
Most personal injury liabilities are insured one way or another, possibly by:
- Motor insurance: This speaks for itself — it is to cover motorists of any sort while on the road. It is illegal to be on UK roads without it, and as well as covering the loss or damage to your vehicle it also covers personal injury claims from a third party.
- Professional indemnity insurance: This is for professional persons in case an injury claim in Rochford is filed against them in the course of their profession. This would include doctors, dentists and opticians, as well as any staff who work for them.
- Public liability insurance: This is exactly what it says — insurance to cover the public no matter where they may be. Businesses and local authorities, as well as health trusts and the like, have this sort of cover. So, if you are injured through no fault of your own in a restaurant, it would be their public liability insurance that settled any claim.
- Product liability insurance: Manufacturers, producers and importers have a legal duty to ensure that the products they sell to consumers are safe, or at the very least they need to warn consumers of the potential risks. If they fail in this duty and you are injured by a faulty product, your claim would be settled by their insurance company.
- Employer’s liability insurance: Every employer in the UK has a legal responsibility to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. They need to put measures in place to make sure they comply with all the rules and regulations applying to their trade, and if they fail to comply then they could face a personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will take the stress out of the situation for you
Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with for the layperson, but not for us. We deal with them day in, day out, and our solicitors are well versed in their methods.
If you have had an accident within the last three years and had to seek medical treatment for your injuries, try completing our online 30-second test. This will let you know if you are entitled to make a claim, and if you are will also give you an indication of the amount you may receive. Alternatively, you can speak to our advisors on 0800 689 0500 for friendly, helpful and obligation-free advice.
Date Published: 12th September 2013
Author: David Brown