Injury Claim in Powys


Statutory Rights at Work

When you work for an employer, it is your legal right to have your statutory rights taken into account. Statutory rights come under a range of headings and can change depending on how long you have worked for an employer or what kind of contract you have. When it comes to health and safety, your employer has a duty of care to ensure that your job can be done safely without you being injured during the course of your work.

If your employer does not ensure that all health and safety requirements are taken care of, and you are injured as a result, you may be able to make an injury claim in Powys.

Making an Injury Claim in Powys

If you want to make an injury claim in Powys, the easiest way to do so is to go through Accident Advice Helpline. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and our friendly, helpful team of advisors will talk you through your claim.

You will be able to get advice on making a claim and find out how likely it is that your claim will be successful. If you decide to proceed with your injury claim in Powys, the team will hand your case over to one of our dedicated personal injury lawyers, who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.

You may be able to claim compensation through other sources if your statutory rights are not upheld. Here are some examples of the rights you have as an employee:

  • The right to be paid the national minimum wage or more. If you think you are being paid less than this, you are within your rights to demand more money or refuse to work;
  • The right to an itemised pay slip. This will tell you where your money is going when it comes to tax and National Insurance;
  • The right to paid holiday. You should be getting at least 28 days of paid holiday per year if you work full time;
  • The right to paid maternity leave, paternity leave and sick leave;
  • The right to work a maximum of 48 hours in a week. If your work week is anything over 48 hours, your employer is breaking health and safety laws. If this amount of work has caused you significant stress or illness, you may be able to make an injury claim;
  • The right to notice of dismissal if you have worked more than one month for your employer. You must also be provided with written reasons for your dismissal and be offered paid leave to find more work if you are being made redundant; and
  • The right to claim compensation if you are unfairly dismissed.
  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )