Making an injury claim in Peckham after a brain injury
If the brain is injured, the effects can be devastating, not just for the injured party but also all those close to them. Damaging one of the most fragile parts of our body, in an accident that was not your fault. means that you may be able to make an injury claim in Peckham. Find out more right here in this guide.
The injuries that you may have sustained
There are many brain injuries that could happen. The most common ones are:
- Concussion – this is the mildest and most common of all brain injuries
- Closed head injury – this is an impact to the head where no cracks or breaks appear in the skull
- Penetrating head injury – this is where something breaks the skull and penetrates the brain
- Diffuse brain injury – if the head is heavily shaken about, the brain gets knocked against the skull. This injury can harm the brain in several areas
- Brain confusion – this is where the brain swells, usually after a crack or break in the skull
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
If you sustain any type of brain injury in an accident that was not your fault, then you, or someone else on your behalf, should make an injury claim in Peckham.
How a brain injury can change the victim
The effects of a brain injury can be devastating for the victim and those around them. For the family, it can feel like living with a different person and some of these effects are:
- A loss of, or altered, speech
- Loss of memory
- A shortened attention span
- Finding concentrating difficult
- Speed of thought
- The emotional reactions can change dramatically
- General behavior changes
- A lack of co-ordination
- Trouble with balancing
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty with understanding or comprehending
- Changes to the senses of small, taste and touch
The victim will not necessarily understand that they have changed, and will not always understand peoples reaction to the new them. The injuries are not visible and this means that people sometimes react with shock when they realise just how altered the victim is. This situation really does mean that someone needs to make an injury claim in Peckham.
Making the personal injury compensation claim
When it comes to personal injury compensation claims for brain injuries, it is nothing unusual for it to be a family member that contacts Accident Advice Helpline on behalf of the victim. Just because the victim is not able to make the claim him or herself, does not mean they should lose out. They may well need the compensation more than any other injury type; there could be extra care costs involved as well as many other things to make their life bearable.
We have been helping brain injured people and their families for over 15 years. You will find our advisors friendly and compassionate. Call now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.