If you are the victim of a violent crime, you may want to make an injury claim in Patna
Unfortunately, we live in an age where violent crimes seem to becoming more common. The consequences of these crimes, for the victims, can be devastating and they should all make an injury claim in Patna.
The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) is the one to settle your injury claim in Patna after a violent crime has injured you
The CICA is a government-funded body that administers the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme. The government recognises that no amount of money can compensate you for the injuries you have received, but they see it as recognition of public sympathy for your situation. If you were injured in a violent crime, and no blame was attached to you, you may be able to make an injury claim in Patna.
CICA is the last resort
Before you submit a claim to the CICA, they expect you to have tried to get your compensation from the guilty party, if you know who it is. If you do not, or the guilty party does not have the means to settle your claim, then the CICA will step in, providing you fit somewhere in the following:
- You were not at fault for the violent crime
- You sustained your injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk in trying to prevent or remedy a crime
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing, or being involved in the immediate aftermath, of an incident in which a loved one ws injured
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- That it was reported to the police
- That you helped the police with enquiries
- That you needed medical attention for your injuries
- The incident should have happened within the last two years, unless you were a minor when the rules are slightly different
- You should be a UK citizen or an EU national with a right to be in the UK
The payments the scheme will make
The scheme will make payments for several things, these are:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral costs
- Special expense payments to cover injury related needs which are not free of charge any where else
Accident Advice Helpline is the best choice for your injury claim in Patna
The amount the CICA can pay you for each injury is decided by parliament, but the amounts of claims do vary greatly because of other elements to the claim. Each claim is unique and at Accident Advice Helpline we realise that and treat each personal injury compensation claim accordingly.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500. You will find that our friendly advisers are compassionate and will treat your claim with the respect it deserves. After a chat with them, you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.