Suffered a motorbike accident and need to make an injury claim in Ower?
Causes of motorbike accidents
Unlike road traffic accidents involving cars when the car driver fails to look properly, motorcyclists are more likely to be hit by the other driver failing to look. Therefore, the cause of many accidents involving motorcycles is not always the fault of the motorcyclist. Despite not being the most common mode of transport on the roads, motorcyclists are up to much more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car drivers. The most common causes of motor cycle accidents after car drivers failing to look properly are:
- Caused by right of way violations
- Driving at high speeds around bends and losing control
- Overtaking and filtering accidents by weaving between lanes of moving traffic
Whilst many accidents happen to younger inexperienced riders, older, middle aged bikers may also suffer injuries. They may decide to return to riding a much more powerful motor bike, after years of not riding one at all. They may not appreciate that their riding skills may need refreshing and that there is an increase in the volume and speed of traffic on the roads now.
Injuries that may be caused by a motorbike accident
When riding a motorbike, the rider is very vulnerable because they do not have the protection to their bodies, that a car would give the driver with crumple zones, seat belts, air bags and side impact protection.
This lack of protection can cause:
- Head injury. At high speeds, many riders suffer a fatality due to their head injury, even if they have suffered other serious injuries to their bodies. Whilst riding at low speeds, the rider can still suffer head injury despite wearing a safety helmet, as these only offer limited protection to the rider.
- Injury to limbs are also common. Leg fractures and breaks are caused by the lack of leg protection that the rider has riding the bike. Unfortunately, these injuries are often serious and can result in long term disability.
Make your injury claim in Ower
If you or some one close to you has suffered an injury or a fatality as a result of a motorbike accident and it wasn’t their fault and it occurred within the last 3 years’, then they, or you on their behalf, are legally entitled to make a personal injury claim Ower for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline was established in 2000 to provide a professional service to process personal injury claims for compensation.
Their dedicated helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers no obligation advice to people who have suffered a motorbike accident. They will offer advice that can help you decide whether to start a personal injury claim in Ower. With specialist solicitors ready to process your legal injury claim in Ower, on 100% no win, no fee basis, why not find out if your accident qualifies you to make a claim? Call 0800 689 0500 or take part in their unique on line 30 second test and see if you can make an injury claim in Ower today!
Date Published: 6th September 2013