An accident at work can mean you having to make an injury claim in Newgate Beccles
If you have been injured in an accident at work that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Newgate Beccles.
The criteria for making an injury claim in Newgate Beccles
There are certain criteria you have to fit for most types of claims and a work related claim is no exception. The criteria is:
- The accident must have happened within the last three years
- You can not have been the cause of the accident
- You should have needed medical attention for your injuries
Industrial illnesses and diseases do not come within the three year rule because of the length of time they can take to develop.
The things your employer should do
Your employer has a duty of care to protect the health and safety of his employees in the workplace. The sorts of things he should do are:
- Make sure you have enough room to do your job in comfort
- Make sure that walkways are kept free of spillages and obstructions
- Ensure that plant and equipment is in proper working order
- Ensure that safety guards are fitted and working where necessary
- Provide any protective clothing that is needed, free of charge
- Make sure you take proper breaks
- Record all accidents in an accident book, no matter how minor
- Report serious accident to the Health and Safety Executive(HSE)
- Have a health and safety policy which all staff should know the details of
- Put procedures in place in case of an emergency
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Appoint a first aid person and pay for any training needed
- Carry out risk assessments and act upon their findings
If your employer does not comply with health and safety rules and regulations, and you have an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim in Newgate Beccles.
You can refuse to work if your employer does not protect your health and safety
If your employer does not take the necessary actions to protect your health and safety within the work place, you are legally entitled to refuse to work. They cannot dismiss you for this and have to pay you for any time you are not working. But if there is a safety guard missing, or trailing wires that are a hazard, for your own safety and the safety of your work mates, you should insist on the problem being solved and refuse to work until it is.
Making a personal injury compensation claim
If you have had an accident at work and want to make an injury claim in Newgate Beccles, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have been helping claimants for over 13 years to get the compensation to which they were entitled.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. There you can speak to one of our friendly advisers who will discuss your claim with you free of obligation, and will only proceed if you want to.