Injury claim in Minehead


All sorts of ships can cause an injury claim in Minehead

If you are a crew member on any type of seagoing vessel, and you have an accident through no fault of your own, in which you are injured you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Minehead.

Crew member accident is work related and if injured they will be able to make an injury claim in Minehead against their employers

As an employee of the owners, you would be covered by the rules and regulations covering all employees.  The basics of this mean that the employer has a legal duty to protect the health and safety of employees in the workplace.

If they do not comply, and you are injured in an accident because of their negligence, you may be able to make an injury claim in Minehead.  Normal criteria say the accident must have happened within the last 3 years but in the case of accidents on ships and planes this time limit is reduced to 2 years.

Passenger accidents and illnesses

Although cruise ship and ferry operators take every precaution, accidents and illnesses still happen while they are at sea.   These situations may be:

  • Food poisoning
  • Legionnaires disease
  • Tripping and falling accidents
  • Injuries caused by faulty products in cabins and communal areas
  • Cluttered walkways
  • Unsecure objects hitting people
  • Wet floor surfaces

If you are enjoying a cruise, or taking a relatively short journey on a ferry, and you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you make be able to make an injury claim in Minehead.

Holiday makers and canal boats

Many people live on canal boats and generally have no problems.  The accidents tend to occur with holidaymakers who hire them out for a week or two.  Quite often they are totally inexperienced in handling these boats and although the operator gives them some instruction before they set off,  they are still prone to accidents.

Speed boats and power boats

These are sometimes more dangerous to the people around them than the people in them.  If control is lost of one, anybody in its path is likely to be injured.  This could be water-skiers, surfers or even people sunbathing on the beach.

They should all have insurance of some type

No matter what type of vessel you are on there should be some sort of insurance in place in case of accidents.

With cruise ships the rules governing claims are not so straightforward.  They depend on which port the cruise started at, which ports they visited and which port the cruise finished at.  When Accident Advice Helpline has the details, they can let you know if your claim will be governed by the rules of the Athens Convention or the Package Travel Regulations 

All sounds quite complicated and to the layperson it would be.  Accident Advice Helpline handles personal injury compensations claims of all types every day and for us it is uncomplicated.

We have the experience you need to have on your side. Give us a call on 0800 180 4 123 and our advisors will do the rest.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )