Have you contracted an industrial illness or disease and need to make an injury claim in Mattersey?
Industrial illnesses and diseases range from comparatively mild conditions such a vibration white finger to terminal illnesses such as asbestos related lung cancer.
No matter how minor or major, if you have contracted an industrial illness or disease through the fault of some one else you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Mattersey.
The different industrial illnesses that may mean having to make an injury claim in Mattersey
There are many different industrial illness and conditions that can happen. Employers have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace and if they do not you may be able to make an injury claim in Mattersey. Some of the more common industrial illnesses are:
- Vibration white finger – a problem with the hands also sometimes known as dead finger
- Repetitive strain injury – this can occur anywhere in the body if the same muscles are used again and again in movements that is not usual for them
- Dermatitis – a skin problem
- Back injuries – often caused by heavy lifting without the proper training how to lift heavy objects safely
- Arm vibration syndrome – caused by the constant use of vibrating tools and equipment
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos was used extensively in the second half of last century in construction and shipbuilding particularly. Although is was a very flexible and cheap commodity, it also turned out to be very dangerous. The dust from asbestos settles in the lungs and cannot be removed. Over a number of years, can be up to 40, the illness from this dust develops into illness and quite often is life threatening.
- Industrial deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. Wherever possible the employer should try and reduce the noise levels, but if they cannot, they should supply you with ear protection. It is the employees’ duty to wear the ear protection once it has been provided.
- Dangerous chemicals and substances – some jobs involve contact with or exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances. The employer should try to minimise this and where necessary provide protective clothing and equipment. It is the duty of the employee to wear any protection provided.
Making an injury claim in Mattersey
If you need to make an injury claim in Mattersey, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise you need for a successful claim. Our in house solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will deal with your claim speedily and efficiently.
We have a compensation calculator, which we call the 30-second test. You can complete this online and it will give you a rough idea of the amount of compensation you can expect to be awarded.
Our helpline is a freephone number: 0800 689 0500, and there you will find friendly, professional advisers ready to talk to you about your accident and guide you through the processes of your claim.
Date Published: 24th August 2013