Have you lost a loved one and want to make a fatal injury claim in Macclesfield?
Losing a loved one always leaves the family devastated, but if that death has occurred because of someone else’s fault or negligence, it is even worse. As well as grieving, they are likely to feel anger and resent, and perhaps want revenge against the guilty party. If an accident or negligence was the cause of death, the family may be able to make a fatal injury claim in Macclesfield.
The family may be under financial strain
If the deceased was the main breadwinner of the household, on top of all the other problems the financial ramifications can be dire. Although it will be the last thing on their mind at the time of the loss, at some point they will have to consider the financial implications and think about making a fatal injury claim.
Those who may be eligible to make a claim
The UK law states that anyone who was dependent on the deceased can make a fatal injury claim in Macclesfield. This could include:
- A husband or wife, or ex-husband or wife;
- A civil partner or an ex-civil partner;
- Someone who was living with the deceased as husband or wife for at least two years;
- A parent;
- A child of the deceased or a child within the family treated as their own;
- Brothers and sisters;
- Uncles and aunts; and
- Nephews, nieces or cousins.
The compilation of the claim
With any type of personal injury claim, there are always other factors to take into account. A fatal injury claim in Macclesfield is no exception and can include:
- The pain and suffering of the deceased if they were conscious of pain before they died;
- Funeral costs;
- Probate costs;
- Loss of future income, which would be less for an older person on the assumption that they would have fewer years left to work;
- Statutory bereavement damages; and
- The costs of other things the deceased would do, such as DIY and childcare.
How to make your claim
The grieving family needs someone with compassion who will care about their situation and help them through the minefield of making a fatal injury claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will take the stress of the claim away from you. We will deal with whatever organisations are involved and make sure there is as little bother for the family as possible. We have over 15 years’ experience of dealing with these matters and our solicitors are experienced and knowledgeable about fatal injury claims. They will ensure that you get the amount of compensation you are entitled to.
Call now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You will be connected with a friendly and professional advisor.
Date Published: 21st August 2013