Carpal tunnel syndrome injury claim in Mablethorpe
The carpal tunnel is in the wrist, formed by the space between the ligaments and tendons that attach the hand to the forearm and the carpal bones, of which there are eight. Also running through the tunnel is the main nerve to the hand, which splits when it reaches the palm. It is damage to this nerve that creates carpal tunnel syndrome and may mean that you are entitled to make an injury claim in Mablethorpe for compensation.
The causes that make it possible to make an injury claim in Mablethorpe
The causes of carpal tunnel syndrome are numerous. Just some of them are:
- Continual use of vibrating tools;
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist;
- Regular heavy lifting;
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm; and
- Excessive forceful pinch grips.
If any of these cause you to have carpal tunnel syndrome, you may be able to make an injury claim in Mablethorpe.
How you will know you have the condition
The signs of carpal tunnel syndrome are as follows:
- It starts with pins and needles, usually in the middle and index fingers;
- In the same fingers, you can experience burning and tingling sensations;
- Eventually this will turn to pain, which may travel up the forearm;
- As the condition worsens, you may get numbness in the fingers and palm;
- Occasionally, some people suffer dry skin in the affected area; and
- When it gets to its worst state, the thumb can become numb and weak, causing a lack of grip. Eventually this can lean to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb.
If any of these signs suggest that you have carpal tunnel syndrome, you may need to make an injury claim in Mablethorpe.
How the condition is treated
The first thing you need to do in this situation is to stop the action that is causing the problem. The wrist will need to be rested to recover, and take painkillers if necessary. Other treatment options, depending on the severity, are:
- A wrist splint to keep the tunnel in place without stress, particularly at night time;
- Steroid injections; and
- Surgery to release the nerve.
Women tend to suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome more than men, and if this has been sustained because of their work they may be able to make an injury claim in Mablethorpe.
Making your injury claim in Mablethorpe
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make your claim for this condition. Over the last 15 years, we have helped many thousands of blameless victims to claim the personal injury compensation they were due, many of which were for carpal tunnel syndrome. We operate on a no win no fee* basis, so no money will be needed to start your claim.
On our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, you will find friendly, professional advisors who will give you free advice and guide you through the required processes. They are at the end of the phone all day, every day for you to contact whenever you wish.
Date Published: 21st August 2013