How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Longhope


    You could be a resident of Longhope, and be considering making an injury claim in Longhope, after being injured in an accident which you can prove was not your fault. For most types of accidents and injuries, you have three years from the date of the accident in which to file a claim. However for some types of accidents, you have only two years in which to file one. You should check with us at Accident Advice Helpline so that you will know how long you have to make your personal injury compensation claim.

    Injury claim in Longhope

    You can also make an injury claim in Longhope if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you and your solicitor can prove was the result of another person’s negligence. Your employer, for example, could have been negligent in his or her responsibility to you. Employers have to take care of the health and safety of their workforce. If your working environment is the reason why you are ill, then you can make an injury claim in Longhope or elsewhere in the UK, against your employer. You have three years from first being diagnosed with the illness in which to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Accidents involving animals

    If you live in the countryside, you may encounter an animal in the road and collide with it. If you are then injured, you may be able to make an injury claim in Longhope if the animal is a domesticated one. For example, if you collided with a cow or sheep, then you could make an injury claim against the animal’s owner, as farmers have a responsibility to keep their animals on their property and to maintain fences and hedges.

    However, if you are driving through the Forest of Dean, for example, you may crash into a wild deer or a feral boar. As no one owns these wild creatures, you would not be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against anyone. Of course, some deer are farmed, and if you had an accident involving one, you would be able to make an injury claim in Longhope or elsewhere against the owner of the deer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you do collide with an animal you should call the police and not attempt to move it yourself, as injured creatures are often hostile and could injure you if you tried to approach them. You would need to wait for the police and a vet or an animal rescue team, and put up hazard signs to warn other motorists of the accident.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think that you have any kind of personal injury compensation claim to make, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice. Visit our Accident Advice Helpline website to find out more about us or call us immediately on one of our freephone numbers. These are: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. The lines are always open, so why not call us now?

    Date Published: 20th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.