How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim Loch Ness


    You may live in Drumnadrochit close to Loch Ness, Scotland’s second largest and second deepest loch, and you may be contemplating making an injury claim in Loch Ness. You may have been injured in an accident which you can prove was the fault of another person and that you were in no way to blame. Generally you have three years from the date of your accident in which to file an injury claim in Loch Ness.

    Injury claim in Loch Ness

    You may also make an injury claim in Loch Ness if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence, and once again, you have three years in which to file an injury claim in Loch Ness or one from any other place in Britain.

    Exceptions to the three-year rule

    As with most things, there are exceptions to these general rules. If you have an accident at sea, in the air, or at most airports in the world, you have only two years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim. This is because accidents such as these are governed by international conventions.

    You also only have two years to file an injury claim in Loch Ness or elsewhere if you have been injured in a crime. You can claim personal injury compensation for such an injury through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

    Open Claim Calculator

    Filing a claim with the CICA

    You can, generally apply for compensation from the CICA if you have been injured in an act of violence in England, Scotland or Wales. The person who caused you injuries does not have to have been charged or convicted of the crime in which you were injured.

    The minimum award paid out by the CICA is £1,000 so to apply for compensation, your injury must not be a very minor one. The maximum amount of compensation you can receive is £500,000.

    You can download a form from the CICA site and fill it in yourself, although it is generally advisable for you to hire the services of an injury lawyer to help you, because the form and process is complicated. Also if you want to appeal against any decision made by the CICA you will need the services of a personal injury lawyer who has experience of dealing with these claims.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have any type of personal injury compensation claim to make, you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert help and advice. You can call us at any time, every day of the year without exception. There are two freephone numbers for you to use: 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for calls from mobiles. For expert legal advice about any potential personal injury compensation claim, why not call us now?

    Date Published: 16th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.