Motoring injury? Get your injury claim in Watton
Unfortunately, passing a driving test doesn’t guarantee that you will be the safest driver on the open road!
In fact, it is generally believed that it is only once you have passed your driving test, that you really learn how to drive properly in all road and weather conditions!
Whilst the introduction of a written theory test has helped drivers to identify potential hazards on the roads, there really is no substitute for experience of driving different vehicles in a variety of circumstances.
Safe driving when you are new to the road
- If you have recently passed your driving test, then it is worth considering taking additional lessons for motorway driving with your driving instructor. These can help build confidence driving at higher speeds and practice entering, exiting and changing lanes.
- Many insurers will offer considerable discounts if you have a tracking device fitted to your vehicle. This records the average speeds you drive, any sharp braking or acceleration and can be downloaded by the insurer and used to assess your road safety. This in turn is used to lower your premium for motor insurance.
- Practice manoeuvres such as reversing and parallel parking in deserted car parks and industrial estates at weekends. Many accidents are caused by failing to reverse properly and getting too close to stationary vehicles when trying to park alongside.
- Be prepared for constructive feedback about your driving ability from passengers and instructors. Smooth gear changes and deceleration can mean that you have more time to think about which lane you need to be in and adjust your road positioning accordingly.
- Practice driving at different times of day and in different weather conditions before you pass your test. This will build your confidence and ensure that you can cope with different volumes of traffic and operate the vehicle’s controls without panicking!
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured through a motoring accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then call Accident Advice Helpline for no obligation advice and guidance about your claim.
Our helpline is open 24/7 and a friendly and helpful adviser will ensure that your claim is processed professionally and reliably at all times.
We will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis, so you don’t have to worry about financing your claim up front.
Why not take our unique 30 second online test and check out your eligibility to make a claim?
For expert legal advice about a possible injury claim in Watton call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.