How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Hove

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Hove

    If you live in Brighton and Hove, you may be contemplating taking legal action because you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault. You usually have three years in which to make an injury claim in Hove (or one from elsewhere in the British Isles) from the date of your accident. You and your accident solicitor will need to prove that the accident was the result of another person’s negligence. You are able to make an injury claim in Hove, for example for a work-related illness, or any other illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence.

    Injury claim in Hove

    While no one can predict accurately how much you might receive in compensation if you make an injury claim in Hove, a solicitor will, after doing research into the amounts of compensation awarded in recent years to people who had similar injuries to yours, be able to give you an estimated sum. However it would be unrealistic to expect him or her to do this immediately, as he or she will need to study your medical report and the Judicial College guidelines (formerly the Judicial Studies Board guidelines) for compensation for different injuries. The more severe your injuries the more compensation you could expect to receive.

    Compensation for an illness

    If you live in rented accommodation and have repeatedly asked your landlord to repair damage, but this has not been done and this resulted in you becoming ill, you may be able to make an injury claim in Hove or elsewhere. For example, if you are living in damp conditions you may develop asthma, other respiratory problems, or even arthritis. If you have to vacate a room, because of its condition, you may be able to make an injury claim against your landlord.

    You will need to find a personal injury or accident solicitor who specialises in such claims, and then he or she will write to your landlord giving him or her ninety days in which to respond. If your case is urgent, then the landlord will be given a shorter time scale in which to reply.

    You can make an injury claim in Hove, or elsewhere, for your illness, and for a rent rebate. Your landlord should have an insurance policy which covers such claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about making any type of personal injury compensation claim, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm with more than ten years’ experience of this field of British law. Visit our Accident Advice Helpline website for more information, or call us immediately for advice. The numbers to ring are 0800 689 0500 for landlines and for mobiles, 0333 500 0993. Why not call now, as the lines are always open?

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.