Have you suffered injuries at home?
If you’ve suffered injuries at home, you might want to be compensated. Here are some tips to help you be safe when you are at home:
- A portable fire extinguisher is only good to use on small fires
- Never sell or share the prescription drugs that you are using
- Use the original containers or bottles to store chemical products
- When you are giving or taking medicines, never place the next dose on a table or a counter, as kids can easily reach them and this could be extremely dangerous
- Do not give your house keys to tradesmen or workmen, as they would very easily be able to make copies of these keys
Sometimes, an appliance can malfunction and you can get injured in your own home. As such, you may be able to seek compensation for this injury.
How can you get compensated for injuries at home?
It is possible for you to get compensated for an injury that you received at home if:
- The injury that you received at home was caused by some other person
- The injury that you received at home happened within the last three years
- Because of the injury, you required medical treatment
You would need a lawyer to get compensation for injuries at home
When you are trying to get compensated for injuries at home, you will find it hard to get this all on your own. This is because you would have to go through a legal process, and that is why you would need a lawyer.
By calling Accident Advice Helpline, you will get the help you are seeking to claim compensation for an injury that you received in your own home. We have helped thousands of people to seek compensation for home injuries and various other types of injuries and accidents, since the year 2000.
We handle every single case under the no-win, no-fee* agreement, and we never charge any up-front fees. So you can get your claim started today, without having to check your bank balance.
Injured at home and want compensation?
At Accident Advice Helpline you will get the help that you want with seeking compensation for injuries at home. To get this help, all you need to do is call our helpline on either 0800 689 0500 (landline), or from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993. Our initial advice is free, and there is no obligation to move forward with a claim if you choose not to. So you really do have nothing to lose by chatting to us today.