If we were to ask you to tell us the first kind of accident that comes to your mind, we wouldn’t be surprised if you said “a fall”. If you’ve been injured in a fall in Vale of Glamorgan and you were not at fault, you may be able to claim compensation.
There are certain people who are more likely to suffer falls – older people, for example. But if certain conditions exist, anyone can fall, and it usually happens through slipping or tripping.
Workplace slips, trips and falls
This kind of accident is a common cause of injury in the workplace, and any accident solicitor in at Accident Advice Helpline will have dealt with many claims for slip or trip and fall injuries over the years.
How to prevent being injured in a fall in Vale of Glamorgan
If you need an accident solicitor, it’s obviously too late to prevent you being injured in a fall in Vale of Glamorgan – but it’s certainly useful to have a bit of information on how to prevent something like this happening to you in future. It might also prevent others from being injured.
Here are some tips on avoiding workplace slips, trips and falls:Open Claim Calculator
1) If you see any slip or trip hazards, report them. Tell your boss, or someone who’s responsible for workplace health and safety, so that any risks can be investigated. That stray cable or frayed carpet might not seem like a huge risk, but it could lead to someone getting a broken ankle or a head injury.
2) Report accidents or near misses. If you get injured at work, or you almost get injured, make sure it’s recorded. This might help risks to be picked up on.
3) Clean up spillages. Even a small amount of tea or coffee could cause someone to slip and fall. If it’s wet, water from people’s shoes and umbrellas brought inside could turn a tiled floor into a slip risk.
4) Ask your employer to put up warning signs. Is there a step on the other side of that door? Is there a sudden slope to the floor in that corridor? Such things might be hazardous.
5) Make sure you can see where you’re going. Are there any blown bulbs or fluorescent tubes? Ask for them to be replaced.
Speak to Accident Advice Helpline today
It’s not always possible, no matter what you do, to avoid getting injured in a slip or trip and fall. The aftermath can be quite difficult, too – you could be off work while you recover, and this might mean a loss of income, as well as extra expenses on services such as home helps and childminders.
That’s where an accident solicitor comes in. Make a claim, and you could receive a payout. All you need to do to get started is call our 24/7 hotline and talk to an advisor:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back. We look forward to helping you.