Been injured at work and unsure what to do next?
If you are working in a slightly more creative environment then you need to watch out and be careful that you are not injured in your working environment. An office may not seem like a particularly dangerous place to be, but it can cause accidents and injuries quite easily. A studio or creative workspace may have more hazards in it than a standard office, meaning that you do need to be careful and follow the rules that were set out for you when you began.
If you have been hurt at work in Wirral, you may be able to make an accident claim against your employer, if you can prove that they were at fault for your accident. Here are some of the hazards of a more creative workspace and how your employer could be at fault for accidents you have there.
- In any studio or working environment there is equipment and chemicals that are safe if handled correctly but could be dangerous in the wrong circumstances.
- Sharp scissors, needles, pins and knives are only part of it. Some studios use glue guns and sophisticated cutting equipment and even lasers to make interesting creations.
- You need to be taught how to use these items safely from the day you arrive, and not allowed to work with them until you can be safe. If you are not trained properly then your employer may be at fault for accidents.
- Trailing wires are a common hazard in many office environments, and can cause some very nasty injuries.
- Loose carpets or tiles can cause an employee to slip or trip and be injured through no fault of their own.
Whether you work in an office, a shop, a design studio, a factory a garage or anywhere else, you employer has a legal duty to make sure you are safe while you are at work. Failure to do so can mean you are entitled to compensation, if you are injured at work in an accident that was not your fault.
Making an accident claim after being hurt at work in Wirral
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the friendly, helpful team about making a compensation claim. We have over 15 years’ experience handling personal injury compensation claims. We have the expertise and knowledge to give your claim its best chance of success, as well as making sure it reaches its full potential.
All compensation claims come with time limits though, so don’t delay, get in touch with us today after being hurt at work in Wirral.
Date Published: 30th September 2014
Author: David Brown