How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Hurt at work compensation

    Hurt at work compensation

    It’s straightforward to claim work accident compensation if you’ve had a work injury of any sort in any profession and can show that your employer was negligent. If you have been hurt in an accident at work, you could be entitled to claim compensation. You should take our 30-second test to quickly see if you can make a claim for hurt at work compensation.

    How to make a claim for hurt at work compensation

    In the UK, business owners and employers are accountable for the health and wellbeing of their personnel and any visitors to their premises. The business is duty-bound to hold an insurance policy and conform to health and safety regulations to guarantee they meet those responsibilities. If you feel your employers have not met these obligations, and it has led to being hurt at work, compensation could be yours. If you have had an accident at work in the past three years, you could get compensation by making an accident claim.

    If you are hurt at work for any of the following reasons, you may have a valid basis for making a personal injury compensation claim:

    • Defective equipment;
    • Ignorance of, or unacceptable adherence to, health and safety regulations;
    • Improper training;
    • Negligence of colleagues;
    • Trip, slip or fall;
    • Falling object; or
    • Noxious substances or environment.

    Different types of compensation claims you can make

    If you have been badly hurt, you might find yourself needing to take a lengthy period of time off work, which could lead to fiscal hardship – another reason to make a claim for compensation. If you have been seriously injured, you may find yourself needing to take a drawn-out period of time off work, which could lead to financial adversity – another reason to make a claim for work accident compensation. It is worth noting that even if you have contributed to your personal work accident, if your employer is seen to have been the main provoker of your hurt then you may still be able to claim work compensation.

    The different sorts of injuries that can be compensated for include, but are not limited to:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Broken bones;
    • Muscular harm;
    • Burns and scalds;
    • Asbestos-related illness;
    • Repetitive strain injury;
    • Back injuries; and
    • Trip hazard injuries.

    Can I make a claim for workplace compensation?

    Whatever your business, you could be put in a position where you are involved in an accident at work. If the accident was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.

    Frequent types of accidents in the workplace include:

    • Slipping on wet surfaces;
    • Tripping over equipment left lying around;
    • Falls from height;
    • Lifting and carrying accidents; and
    • Accidents involving machinery.

    Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in finding out the next steps you need to take to find out how to make a successful claim for hurt at work compensation. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to get started on making your personal injury compensation claim.

    Date Published: 17th May 2013

    Author: thewritersbarn

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.