Wondering how to get legal help in Ravenglass?
Ravenglass is a small coastal village in Cumbria. The town dates back to at least the 2nd century, when it was an important naval base for the Romans. The Latin name of the settlement is the subject of scholarly debate: believed by some experts to have been Tunnocellum, it is often named Glannoventa. Talk to Accident Advice Helpline if you’ve been wondering how to get legal help in Ravenglass.
Roman gladiators were often killed by brain injuries, quite surprising because of the strength of the helmets they wore. However, an excavation of a mass grave found in Turkey recently, found 16 gladiator bodies and of those 11 had been killed by severe injuries to the brain.
Injury lawyers in Ravenglass and brain injuries
The brain is one of the most fragile parts of our bodies. It is generally well protected by the skull, but sometimes that is not enough and a brain injury occurs. If this has happened to you, you may want to make a personal injury compensation claim, and you may want to use injury lawyers in Ravenglass.
There are many different types of brain injury, among them are:
- Concussion, which although it is the most common and mildest form of brain injury, it can still leave long term effects. It usually happens with a low impact knock to the head.
- Closed head injury is more severe and is usually caused by a greater impact, but does not break the skull.
- Penetrating brain injury is one of the worst and can cause untold damage. This is where an object fractures the skull and enters the brain tissue.
- Diffuse brain injury happens when the head gets badly shaken, the brain gets knocked against the skull and often is damaged in several areas.
- Brain confusion is where the brain becomes swollen because of a crack or break to the skull, and often a piece of the skull has to be removed to release the pressure.
These are just five out of many brain injuries that can happen, and all of them can have life changing effects.
How a brain injury can change your life
Victims react differently to similar injuries, and brain injuries are no exception. Some will recover more than others, but some of the symptoms can mean the victim is no loner able to look after themselves and it is nothing unusual for them to have to have full time care, whether that be at home or in a nursing home. Just some of the effects are
- A loss of or altered speech
- Difficulty in eating and drinking
- Body temperature gauge not working properly
- A shorter concentration span
- Problems with balance, walking and co-ordination
- Weakness or paralysis
- Memory loss
- Changes in emotional reactions
- Behavioural changes
- Altered senses of smell, taste and touch
- Anxiety and depression
Contact injury lawyers in Ravenglass at Accident Advice Helpline
At Accident Advice Helpline, we realise how traumatic a brain injury can be for everyone concerned. We have been dealing with such cases for over 13 years and have won compensation for many thousands of claimants
On our website there is a 30-second test which will let you know if you qualify to make a claim, and will give you an indication of how much you may receive.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will discuss your situation and start the processes if you want them to, so get in touch today to find out how to get legal help in Ravenglass.
Date Published: 1st November 2013
Author: David Brown