How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How much compensation for a simple fracture?

    How much compensation for a simple fracture? If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault then you might be wanting an answer to this question. This is a common question, but one which is difficult to answer.

    We could work out an estimated figure of what someone might get if their claim was successful, but the amount would not be cast in stone.

    If you have had an accident in the last three years and can prove that it was not your fault, but was caused by the negligence of another person, then you will have a case to make a claim for your injury or injuries.

    You and your solicitor have to prove negligence, and then the defendant will be given the chance to admit or deny liability. If they can make a case to deny it, this will weaken your claim and you may receive less in compensation if there is doubt about liability. So asking how much compensation for a simple fracture before your solicitor has assessed your claim and seen your detailed medical reports, may not be worth your while.

    How much compensation for a simple fracture?

    If you were injured in a slip, trip or fall in a public place, then you may have fractured your lower leg in the accident. If you can prove negligence on the part of the owner of the premises, or the local authority (if you tripped over a piece of broken paving stone in the street for example) then you could have a claim. It is useful if you take photographs of the scene of the accident and your injuries, as these can be used as supporting evidence in a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Other areas of compensation

    You can also claim for loss of earnings if you were unable to work because of your injury, as well as any costs that arose because of your injury. You would be expected to keep receipts as proof of expenditure.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you visit our Accident Advice Helpline website, you will find our 30-second test. This will give you an estimate of the amount of compensation you could receive if your claim was successful. You will also find out more about us if you read some of our pages, and you will notice that our patron is Dame Esther Rantzen.

    You can use one of our numbers to call us for expert legal advice about a possible personal injury compensation claim. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. You can ask one of our advisers, ‘How much compensation for a simple fracture?’ and find out more about the claim process. Our initial advice is free.

    Date Published: 4th October 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.