How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to help someone with a broken leg

    Do you want to know how to help someone with a broken leg?

    Not all of us are good in a crisis but it’s useful to have some basic first aid knowledge so you can help in an emergency. If you’re unable to offer any practical medical aid then at least you can call the emergency services. It’s not a good idea to try and diagnose an injury but it should be apparent by the demeanour of the injured party, that they are in need of medical help. A broken limb will usually be apparent and often the victim will be suffering from shock so try and stay calm and to keep them calm with reassurance that professional help is on the way.

    How to help someone with a broken leg in the workplace

    Don’t attempt to move the victim. Wait for the emergency services. If you saw what happened and how they came to break their leg then have a look around and see what evidence you can gather about the circumstances.

    If you think the accident may have been caused by neglect on the part of the employer then make some notes or take some photos. These may be very useful if the injured person decides to claim personal injury compensation again in the future.

    Accident Advice Helpline knows how to help someone with a broken leg

    If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to claim compensation. Personal injury compensation is your legal entitlement. Your accident must have happened within the last three years and you must have received medical attention for your injuries. If you’ve suffered a broken leg then you will have been seen by hospital doctors.

    Claiming personal injury compensation is not something you can do yourself. The law is complicated and your claim would be unlikely to succeed. You need the expertise of a personal injury law firm.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline offer a full legal service on a no-win, no-fee* promise to all its clients. This means you don’t need to find any money to start your claim and if you don’t win your case then you don’t pay our lawyer’s legal fees.

    How to get in touch

    You might not know how to help someone with a broken leg but you can certainly tell them about us.

    Contact us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Our trained advisors can answer all your questions about claiming compensation and even start your claim straight away

    Of course, there’s no obligation and we won’t share your details with anyone else or pester you with follow up calls.

    Get in touch today for some free legal advice.


    Category: Leg injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.